Call Ed Carroll, Stephen Ministry Referrals Coordinator at 860-649-2855 x223 or you may download a Stephen Ministry Referral Form for yourself or someone you know.
- Simply click on link highlighted above.
- Print out the form in PDF format.
- Complete the form.
- Submit this form to Tom Anderson.
Everyone has experienced some kind of life challenge - the loss of a job, death of a loved one, loneliness, illness, or divorce. Many people struggle alone, but this was never God's intention. In Galatians 6:2 , we are told to "Bear one another’s burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ." This is why being in fellowship with other Christians is so important. Many people are loved and cared for in small groups and others may not have any support at all. In either case, Stephen Ministers are trained and willing to help people who are struggling and need individualized care.
POTENTIAL CARE RECEIVERS ARE ...
- People who are lonely.
- People who are hospitalized.
- People who are struggling with parenting.
- People who are grieving the loss of a loved one.
- People who are separated or in the process of divorce.
- People who are terminally ill or a family member.
- People who are experiencing loss of job or financial setbacks.
- People who are experiencing crisis situations.
- People and families of those facing legal difficulties.
- People who are struggling with their faith.
- People who are separated from their family.
- People with "personal" relationship issues.
- People adjusting to life changing situations; retirement, stay-at-home mom, promotion, new parent, empty nester, graduating from college, etc.
- People who need someone to come along side of them during an especially difficult time - a caring soul who can help them process their feelings, their fears, their anger, their lack of faith, and yet provide hope.