Coronavirus Update: 3/24/2020
Dear Trinity Family,
As the Coronavirus situation continues to develop, our response continues to evolve as well. Guidance from our government leaders and from healthcare experts continues to change, sometimes on a daily basis. In order for the church to live within this guidance, and out of love and concern for our staff and our congregation, we have revised the church use guidelines. All of these are in effect until the end of Governor Lamont’s “Stay Safe, Stay Home” order:
- Sunday worship will be held via livestream only at 10:15am. All other Sunday morning classes and groups will not meet.
- All gatherings within the church building are canceled, with the exception of worship and worship practices.
- The church building will be closed, except by appointment through the church office. Please contact the office (860-649-2855; email).
- Gatherings at other locations of approximately 10 people or less may continue at the discretion of each group. Anyone attending a meeting is requested to practice good hygiene, and to stay home if you feel ill.
- All groups are encouraged to consider meeting by phone or video conferencing. There are free tools available online for virtual meetings during this time.
The governor’s order is currently effective until April 22. We will continue to monitor guidance from state and local leaders and make changes as appropriate.
Please continue to take an active part in the life of our church through joining us virtually for worship, gathering with others, ministering to friends and neighbors, and through financial support of Trinity’s vision.
These are unprecedented days for all of us. Even as our ability to meet is reduced, Easter is coming! Our church will be creating opportunities to engage through livestream, digital events, and technology. Our pastors are holding online meetings and continuing to reach out to the people of our church. We are committed, even in these times, to live out our vision to “pursue God and His passion for people.”
Finally, please pray for our national, state, and local leaders, healthcare workers, and everyone affected by any illness.
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” (John 14:27)
Jesus is still Lord!
Trinity’s Leadership Team